Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How to put a password on your important documents?

Whenever I have a problem with my computer, my grandpa fixes for me because he's good at computers, but he also likes to snoop around in my documents, pictures, videos, etc. I don't mind most of it except for I have a lot of documents with personal things on them that I don't exactly want him reading through. Is there a way I could put a password on them so he can't read them? I don't think just asking him not to will be enough If it matters I use windows 7 and I have Microsoft word s 2007.

Run into a similar problem? Actually password protecting your important files to stop authorized users from viewing their contents is really an easy job. Encryption software is the surefire way to protect your sensitive information from prying eyes. TureCrypt is a free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software that is helpful for you. Or you can try the free file encryption software like AxCrypt for easy operation. Commercial encryption software with more advanced features is also available.

Third-party encryption tools are not necessary if you just want to protect your Microsoft Office 2010 files as the suite comes with built-in encryption option. To encrypt your Office 2010 document, please do as follows:

Open the Word 2007 files that you want to set a password for, click the Office tab, select Prepare and then click Encrypt Document option. A dialog box will open to let you enter a password to encrypt its contents. Once the password is set, a password is required whenever you want to open it and read its contents. That’s it!

Important: Please write down your password in a safe place to avoid forgotten in future. If you happen to forget Word 2007 password, Password Unlocker Bundle is a nice option to help you perform Office 2007 password recovery. This bundle is also helpful when Windows 7 forgot password, pdf forgot password, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories